Sunday, April 13, 2008

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Challenges

I've had a lot of fun going through large parts of Super Smash Brothers Brawl. There are so many things to do in the game, and the Challenges have been a great way to measure our collective progress.

There are three status mode for any challenge: hidden, revealed, or completed. If the challenge is hidden, it exists only as a blue block on the screen and you aren't sure what you need to do to complete it. The revealed status appears in red with an object silhouette and may give some or all details about how to get it and what becomes unlocked when you clear it. And, of course, when completed the item, or level, or music, or masterpiece becomes available.

I've cleared the vast majority of unlocks. There are a total of 128, and of those I've cleared probably 100, with under ten still blue. Some, such as clearing Boss Battles on intense, may simply be beyond my skill. Luckily, you have a selection of Golden Hammers you can use to break a challenge without having to complete said challenge. I can only hope I have enough -- I believe you have access only to five throughout your play, and once used they are gone forever.

I may just have to get better at the game!