Sunday, April 20, 2008

Fun in Fissure

Although it's getting to be nearly routine, Fissure of Woe is still great entertainment and great rewards. Greg, Mike, and I did a quick run in the yesterday evening. Kind of a reach, but I'll play along...  That's what she said!Greg of course was in rare form, and had an interesting build using heavy protection enchantments to make a single target nearly invincible while gaining a ton of energy using Channeling. I never died the entire time, even though I wandered into multiple groups of icehands and etherbreakers. At one point I had three Maelstroms going around me, and I took 0 damage. Thanks, Greg!

My legendary luck returned as I picked up a shard on the You got two shards last time!second group, and a mated pair of shards at the end of our hour-long session. Greg picked up a key after my two shards, and Mike had to complain about his unfair treatment. He didn't get a single shard or key, and the chest finds were bad, although he did get a rare monk rune.

We got booted because we took the Gift of Griffons quest that we were unprepared for. Normally, you want to clear out a large part of the zone and not approach the griffons before clearing out the pops that come with the quest. But I got lazy, and so we lost, and were sent back to Temple of Ages for our carelessness.

But, it was fun nontheless. I still really want to clear the entire zone to get a chest and the ability to display the Fissure of Woe in the Hall of Monuments.