Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Half-Life 2: Episode 2 First Glance

I've just started on HL2: Ep2, and already I have a good feeling about it. Getting started in this game is much kinder than the past two. There are many more visual clues and additions to the UI that clue you in to what's going on. The story elements also seem very strong, and the Vortigaunts finally come into the picture and are awesome. The underground sequences, particularly around the antlion nests, are very reminiscent of the end of first game, and a welcome change from the underground car parks filled with goofy head-crab people.

I seemed to learn something very key at the beginning of the game: apparently antlions have trouble in water.

The quartet drowned when they tried to come at me in this underground cavern, begging the question: why aren't we using water to protect our homes?!

Anyway, the game is a blast so far, there have been lots of cool moments, and I've only been stuck one time so far!