Thursday, September 10, 2009

Late to the Party with Uncharted

Two years too late I know, but I just picked up Uncharted: Drake's Fortune this week. Waiting for Scribblenauts is giving me the shakes, so I needed something to take the edge off!

Uncharted is fun, it's a solid action game. I enjoy the platforming elements, a little bit like Prince of Persia styles, probably more like Tomb Raider but I never really played those. The gunplay is satisfying, and the melee attacks are rewarding -- love the slow-mo action.

What really impressed me is the look and sound of the game. Obviously it looks good, but it's just really detailed. The water effects are great, and the tombs and jungles you bounce around in are alive. The voice work and sound effects are just top-notch, especially Nolan North as Nathan Drake.

Uncharted is a solid experience -- it's no Metal Gear Solid, but it's a fun action game that doesn't have to do with zombies, undead nazis, or children scaring you to death.