Sunday, March 2, 2008

Vanquishing Magus Stones

Due to the double Eye of the North reputation weekend, for a limited time you, too, can earn twice the going rate!
I had a great run last night in Magus Stones on hard mode where I actually managed to completely clear the zone, and in the process gain about twenty thousand Asuran reputation points. This pushed me into rank 9 of the title track, putting me just under fifty thousand to max it out. Another good run before the weekend closes would nearly halve the remainder, because I'm sure I could get much more in a single run. I was a little disappointed that I only got one rank upgrade the entire time out there, instead getting mostly wasted Rampage type bonuses. In hard mode, I've had to take much more time before moving on to the next group.
Most mobs out in Magus Stones aren't terribly tough, even in hard mode. The Wind Riders are pushovers. The spiders aren't too bad either, just get the monk Lifeweaver and they fall apart. The Krait can be tricky, just have to watch out for a pair of nuking and blinding Arcanoss.
However, the dang Hylek, they're tough. Every one of them hit hard, and the paragons and ritualists among them add incredible surviveability. I won't lie, I had to use a Powerstone of Courage after a couple run-ins with those evil Heket.

But, in the end, I prevailed. I managed to clear the zone, get a decent gold reward, and move closer to a max title.