Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Mass Effect Has Arrived!

I've just gotten started with the epic that is Mass Effect, but I have started it. And it sure has that wow factor. There are so many times I've just stared at the game with my mouth open, enjoying the view.

The PC refinements are much appreciated. The new inventory system is a leap beyond the one on the 360. The controls are tightened, and the changes allow you to have much more delicate and easy control over your party.

Everything else is the same. The terrific voice acting, the fantastic environments, innovative dialogs, and solid shooter elements make for a game that is much more than the sum of its parts. I can only thank myself for not watching buddies play on the 360 so nothing was given away in respect to the story's resolution.

I'm a little disappointed, however, that the downloadable content, promised to PC users free of charge, is not yet available. Lucky (or maybe unlucky) for me, I will hardly have time to play the game for the rest of the week, giving the BioWare crew time to get it all ready for me after this weekend's festivities.