Monday, November 2, 2009

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks Preview

Can't believe I haven't said a word about the upcoming DS title The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. The release date of December 7 is coming up soon, and is a game I'm anticipating, since I really enjoyed the best control of the previous Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.

However, the whole Link on a Train thing has gotten some criticism, while I've never really had a problem with it. I think our hero looks pretty awesome up on that train engine blasting fools with a huge cannon. Anyway, ars technica had a little bit to say about the game. Previewer is pretty positive about the feel of the game, especially for any old-timers who played with model trains. Even considering it's not just for old people, I think the move to land-based transportation will be immaterial, as 95% of the game will be in dungeons using gadgets -- and let's not forget that instead of just battling them this time, Link will be able to command the phantoms! Should be a bunch of fun.

Some video!