Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Assassin's Creed II Review Roundup

Although I haven't breathed a word about the game, I've been looking forward to Assassin's Creed II. I enjoyed the first game in spite of its flaws; the ages-old conflict between the Templar and the Assassin orders, being drawn from history into the current era, it really captured me.

So I'm excited to read that the recently-released sequel has garnered widely praised reviews. Gamespot praises plot, visuals, and animations. 1UP names the game a proper sequel in every way. And IGN keys in on the biggest flaw of the old game; namely, that objectives other than the main story missions were boring, repetitive, and useless. Not so in Assassin's Creed II.

With universal acclaim, Assassin's Creed II seems to be a proper revision, a true addition to a great, fledgling series. With availability on all major platforms, this is one not to miss.