Monday, July 20, 2009

inFamous Complete

Finished up the last couple story missions of inFamous last night. It was a pretty satisfying conclusion, with a twist I actually didn't see coming -- even though I'm notoriously bad at predicting plot.

The last boss fight was a thrill, with the perfect transition from "Wow this is tricky, not sure if I'm going to get through this" to "Ah alright, I can actually do this!". Although you can go on in the city, collecting and freeing up additional areas, the conclusion leaves open your continued progress and seems to obviously set the franchise up for a sequel, which most people will probably hope for.

Having gone most of the good route, I'd like to replay from the "dark side" to experience the other types of missions that I didn't play. There's a potential for some different story conclusions, and I'd like to see how those could fit in. So a real opportunity for a decent replay. But in all a great first run-through.