Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What a Week of Games

I'm just about exhausted with anticipation over the games dropping this week. Top of my list are Need for Speed Undercover, the latest in my favorite street-racing series, and Sonic Unleashed, the new reboot of the Sonic platformer genre. Definately getting NFSU on the PC, where the graphics are best and the price is lowest. Sonic released this week on the Wii, comes out next week on the 360, and the second week of December on the PS3. Kind of an interesting release schedule... It may be best on the Wii, if they take care of the control scheme, the Wiimote + Nunchuck could be a blast bouncing Sonic all over the new wild world Sega has created.

Also out this week is a game Tracy is likely to lose the next week over, Animal Crossing: City Folk. Only, he has to figure out some way to get Mart's Wii away from him... I had a passing fancy with the Animal Crossing genre, but never quite understood it. Others, I heard, fell head-over-heels for the community connections of the this hard-to-define collector-RPG.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Left 4 Dead. Moving on.

The new Laura Croft adventure drops this week as well, called Tomb Raider Underworld. The titles have always been hit or miss; the heroine everyone loves once again cavorts around ruined tombs, and early buzz is that this is one of the quality titles.

So, at least two titles that I deeply desire, one that I will avoid like a zombie menace, and a couple meh. I don't know how long I can keep this up!