Monday, October 13, 2008

Awash With Fresh Titles

New computer in hand, PS3 warmed up, and the Wii on the bench ready at any time for Karting and Brawling, we get ready for an explosion of gaming as the weather cools down. September was tons of fun, all with the The Frustrating Unleashed and Sporogenesis happening. October though... It's something else entirely.

I put my pre-order down for Red Alert 3. It should be LAN-tastic, and I'm sure Mike and I will enjoy the crazy co-op missions. It drops Oct 28th.

A title I've talked little about, mostly because it scare the bejeezus out of me, releases tomorrow for consoles and next week for PC. The game is Dead Space, and promises gory, terrifying gameplay. The PA boys talk a little more about it. Saint's Row 2 and SOCOM, games I'm sure people play, also come out tomorrow.

Obviously, next week Mart and I will lose a great deal of our lives as Fable II and LittleBigPlanet releases for us, respectively. In his much publicized statement, Peter Molyneux asked people who don't play games to play Fable II, which doesn't make a lot of sense, but then kind of does. If it's accessible to people who aren't gamers, doesn't that make people who are gamers look more closely and think "Let's get the crap out of the way and play games that are enjoyable, rather than just excercises in anything that isn't fun." LittleBigPlanet promises to be the NextBigThing in cooperative, community gaming. I can't wait to see the levels that people dream up, besides giant calculators. Also releasing are games like Legendary, where you shoot gryphons and other mythological creatures in present-day London, and something called Rock Band 2.

The week after, of course, will be RA3 and the massive Milden LAN. Also releasing that week for our post-apocalyptic enjoyment will be Fallout 3, the creepy shooter/RPG adaptation of the famed franchise. I'm probably going to stay away, only because it scares the crap out of me. I'm sure it will be fantastic for those stronger in spirit and stomach.

So, it's LBP and RA3 for me. There's a multitude of shooting games for would-be violent criminals. And a game for would-be musicians. I think that just about covers it. I'll be back in November when GTAIV comes out for PC!