Thursday, October 8, 2009

Supreme Commander Pickup

Wow the Direct2Drive deals have been good to me lately. Defense Grid, Silent Hunter III, and now Supreme Commander all for $5. That's some good savings!

Played through the first mission of the campaign in Supreme Commander on normal difficulty. This is an old-school tough RTS. Even the first mission throws you into the thick of things quickly, and just rushing the front door doesn't do the job. I need to refine my skills!

Absolutely love love love the camera operations. Finally playing this game two years later on a great PC makes the experience fantastic. I can zoom all the way from orbital satellite view down close very quickly, makes navigation a snap. I think it's goofy that you can drag-select buildings and engineer units, though. I really like how in Sins of a Solar Empire drag selections only get combat units.

Much more to play of course, but it's a good start. Hopefully I can put up with the highly stereotyped "tough colonel" long enough. He's already grating on my nerves.