Monday, August 17, 2009

Just All Kinds of Stuff!

Haven't been around the intergoogletubes for a while, so it's been hard to keep up on the news.

Probably the most exciting stuff is the wealth of conventions that is going on this fall. GenCon Indy just wrapped up last week, and the Penny Arcade Expo is going on in a couple weeks, starting at the beginning of September. Then, QuakeCon was just finished as well. By all accounts, the BYOC meet was intense.

The new PAX East Coast has me very interested as well. That con goes on in March 2010 in Boston, Mass. Boston is close enough to me to drive, so I have vowed to make the pilgrimage with gamer friends to the event. I hope we can pull it off!

Tons of StarCraft II news and hands-on previews, but that game is dead to me.

In Pokemon news, HeartGold and SoulSilver have been slated for a spring 2010 US and Europe release. I haven't touched those games, and the DS remakes should be a good addition to the series. Two more DS titles have me excited: Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box and Scribblenauts, both of which seem like surefire hits. Both will be available by the middle of September.

As far as online play, we've mostly been sticking with Demigod and Sins of a Solar Empire. Sins has proven great fun, but the length of the game makes it hard to play regularly. That's where Demigod comes in!