Thursday, May 14, 2009

Chinatown Wars Story Mode: Complete?

...Or is it?

I think I completed the story mode in Chinatown Wars. At least the ending credits played. But I know there are still missions to do. I know this because there is an empty portrait in one of the best new features in Chinatown Wars: the mission replay white board.

In each of your safe houses you purchase or otherwise acquire hosts a white board. On it are collections of sticky notes, one for each story mode mission. You can replay the missions on the board against a timer, trying to beat your score and relive the events of the story. I really wish GTA IV had such a feature -- I'd just play the bank heist endlessly. I need to replay the game just to get a save point right before it...

Anyway, although in Chinatown Wars I reached the end credits, there's still an empty portrait, making me think there's still something left to do. Have to look around a little and see. But it was a great ending to the story, perfectly befitting a crime drama. Plus it was hilarious.