Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Wow from EA

I just recently learned that as of a week ago EA placed a large number of titles (Spore, Mass Effect, and others) on Steam completely DRM free. This is definately good news for gamers upset with EA's DRM schemes, and good news for Steam to gain this additional content and credibility. Now with EA, Ubisoft, Rockstar, and THQ onboard, it's awfully hard to find something you don't love on Steam.

But it's bad news for me, and the other gamers who bit the bullet and bought retail games. I purchased Spore, Mass Effect, and Red Alert 3 complete with DRM spyware because it was the only option for me. I would love to tie my existing keys into Steam to allow unlocks there and free my system of the dreaded EA Download Manager. Any love there EA?

Sincerely,
Someone who already gave you money