Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Force Unleashed Not Firsthand

I imagine TFU would be a great story with a decent game underlying, marred by some lame level design and a few poor gameplay sequences. I imagine it, because I've been without power since Sunday and I can't play it. Could be worse I guess, but even I get sick of eating out and living in the dark. I need my light!

Gamespot and IGN both rate the game as a modest success, but one that falls flat in places. I still haven't picked my copy up -- no point really -- but I will probably still get it. It's unfortunately short (reviews say under 10 hours), with little replayability. The story though is purported to be one that betters the new triology. But $60 seems like an awful lot for just a fun story... We'll see if I can really plop down the cash after spending exorbitant amounts of money on eating out every night thanks to the power loss.