Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ganondorf Beatdown Away From Home

Last night the wife, son, and I went to see Greg and fiance to hang out and play a little Wii. We ended up playing some Super Smash Brothers Brawl, as my son just thinks Greg is probably the coolest guy ever and forever wants to play games with him, specifically Brawl.

We played a few matches, and just had everything go on random, courses and characters. I end up with Snake, the kid gets Ganondorf, and for the life of me I can't remember what Greg got. It doesn't matter. Alex just wipes the floor with us.

Now, I am not one who subscribes to the button mashing theory of Brawl. The theory states -- and I'm paraphrasing -- STUPID GAME how-can-you-just-mash-buttons-to-win BULL****!! I think a skilled player can always work around someone just mashing buttons without rhyme or reason, and exploit weaknesses and poor timing.

I don't think this rule applies to my son, or somehow he shows moments of brilliance in this game.

He just wrecked us. I mean there were times when he did Ganondorf specials or smashes and actually had all three other players -- two humans and one CPU -- flying through the air as a result. It was a massacre. In the end I think I had one KO, and he had four. It wasn't pretty.

I really need to ge tthat replay.