Monday, December 21, 2009

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Time rewind is back.

With the recent announcement of the upcoming Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, we will be getting a new installment of the franchise in May, 2010. The game is said to take place between the events of Sands of Time and Warrior Within. And judging by the video shown at the VGAs, we should have the ability to rewind time and replay through sections of the game, the innovative feature in the original series reboot Sands of Time.

I really enjoyed the most recent Prince of Persia, and hope that the new "hardcore" game doesn't take away from the sense of wonder and the acrobatic exploration I've come to enjoy and understand as a hallmark of the franchise. Warrior Within and The Two Thrones really turned me off of the series due to their focus on fighting. If I want God of War, I'm going to go play God of War. Prince of Persia is something different altogether. I hope they keep that in mind.

Off to play God of War.